Well Winter is here and we are having some artic blasts already. The doctors are seeing a lot of influenza, respiratory viruses and COVID in the community and we encourage patients to remain vigilant with infection control protocols over the Winter months.
If you have any flu or COVID symptoms please notify our receptionists when booking your appointment and your doctor can see you outside if required or they can provide a telehealth appointment for you to assess your condition and provide medical advice. There are many respiratory viruses going around and we need to protect our doctors and staff so we can continue to provide services to the community.
Medical Practitioners Availability
The following doctors are unavailable to see their patients during the dates below. Some of the doctors are taking extended leave from their practice in coming months and this has been highlighted. We appreciate this had made it difficult to see your doctor at times however it is vital that the doctors are able to take a break as needed.
June to July 2023
- Dr Julie Van Andel 13 April to 9 July 2023
- Dr Peter Morris 6 April to 17 July 2023
- Dr Tanya Lobo 3 June to 9 July 2023
- Dr Matthew Evans 21 to 25 June 2023
- Dr Cathy Evans 21 to 25 June 2023
The current cost of living crisis continuous to impact on everyone and unfortunately general practice is not immune to the increasing costs for a business. As a result, the patient fees will be increasing from Monday 26 June 2023. Medicare rebate fees will be increasing by 3.6% from 1 July 2023. If you have any questions please speak to your doctor.
In addition, Dr Cathy Evans will have a separate fee schedule for her patients and this will be available to review at the clinic, on thew website or speak with the reception staff.
Flu vaccines are still available. Private flu vaccines are $20 per vaccine.
COVID Vaccine Boosters
The clinic is administering the Pfizer Bivalent BA4/5 as a covid vaccine booster for eligible patients aged 12 years and over. Bookings can be made online or via reception. To be eligible for the booster you must not have received a covid vaccine in the previous 6 months and must not have tested positive to covid in the previous 6 months.
- The clinic is currently having solar panels installed on the roof to provide solar energy to the clinic in the future. This process should be completed by early July 2026.
- The government has proved the clinic with a grant to purchase electric beds in every consulting room which will be a big improvement for patient access moving forward. The previous consulting beds are available free to any the patients who attend the clinic or even local sporting bodies.
Take Care and Stay Safe