Our clinic continues to provide COVID-19 vaccinations to our patients.
We have confirmation that we will only be getting a 100 COVID vaccines per week until at least the end of May 2021. We are working our way through our eligible patient list as well as our wait list. As there are thousands of eligible patients this will take time and we appreciate your patience.
Local respiratory clinics are getting much greater COVID vaccine doses each week so we encourage you to contact these clinics as well to see availability of these vaccines as they may have earlier available appointments.
- Carrum Downs Respiratory Clinic – online or 9782 6088
- Rosebud Respiratory Clinic – online or 0436 033 507.
The government is working on larger vaccination hubs and as we hear of local hubs being set up we will let you know.
Our team is working hard to provide these vaccines to our community. We have put on extra staff to manage the significant increase in phone calls that we are recieiving. We realise that many people are anxious to get this vaccine however we ask that our staff be treated with respect and dignity when you call and we will allocate you a spot in the vaccination clinics as these become available. If a patient does not turn up for their vaccine we will contact you possibly at short notice to fill that slot.
Bookings will be available in COVID vaccine clinics only and not via standard appointments due to the vaccine coming in multi dose vials.
Please do not make an on line booking in a standard appointment as we will be unable to provide you with the vaccine which comes in multi does vials and once opened, all doses need to be given in a short period of time.
A specific booking link will be available on the website when the COVID vaccination clinics are available some time in mid May 2021.
Residents will be required to provide proof of eligibility at the time of their appointment. Workers will need to provide proof of occupation to demonstrate their eligibility. Priority population groups include 1a and 1b:
- People 70 years of age or older;
- Health care workers (not vaccinated in 1a roll out);
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander adults over 55 years;
- Younger people with an underlying medical condition, including people with a disability; (please use the eligibility checker for clarification on medical conditions within this category, note new patients will require evidence of your condition via My Health Record, GP/Specialist Referral, or Declaration);
- Critical and high-risk workers, including Australian Government officials about to be deployed overseas, defence, police, emergency services and meat processing.
- People aged over 50 years from 17 May 2021.
Please download the COVID Vaccination Consent Form, complete this and bring this with you on the day of your appointment. This form is unable to be signed until your appointment. Click on here for the consent form – (File attached to email)
If you are booking for a COVID Vaccine appointment in our COVID Vaccine clinics the following information is attached for your review:
- Information on COVID-19 Vaccine
- Preparing for COVID-19 Vaccination
- COVID-19 Vaccination Consent Form – please print off and bring to your appointment.
- Instructions for after your COVID-19 Vaccination
COVID-19 vaccination is voluntary and to start your decision-making process please research information from reliable sources such as government websites. Attached is the governments Department of Health COVID Vaccine fact sheet for your review (https://www.health.gov.au/sites/default/files/documents/2021/02/covid-19-vaccination-other-information-easy-read.pdf)
If you have any questions or specific circumstances that may impact on you having the COVID 19 vaccines please discuss this with your doctor.
Contacting the Clinic
We apologise to our patients if you have had difficulty getting through on the phones in the past few weeks. Our clinic has been inundated with people trying to get the COVID-19 vaccine and this has been blocking our lines. We have put extra staff on to accommodate this however whenever the government makes an announcement or change the phones start ringing.
We encourage you to book on line directly via our website or our Mornington Medical Group App.