(RN DIV 1), Gard Cert in Diabetes Education, Credentialled Diabetes Educator)
Annie’s background in nursing, lead her to a passion in diabetes management and education. She aims to help educate people to self-manage their diabetes through knowledge, motivation and support.
Using a wholistic, evidence-based approach, Annie can help with all aspects of type 2 diabetes education and management including:
- Pathophysiology and case of type 2 diabetes
- Weight control, including the importance of a balanced low-fat diet with regular exercise
- How to self-monitor blood glucose
- Information on medications
- Insulin initiation and titration
- The importance of adequate sleep and stress management
- Potential complications associated with diabetes.
Annie enjoys spending time with her family and two border collies, reading, camping and sailing.
Annie is working as part of the MMG team on Wednesdays.
Annie is providing Telehealth phone and video services only. Please call the clinic to arrange and appointment.