Influenza Vaccine Update
Extension of free influenza vaccination program
- The Victorian Government has announced an extension of the free influenza vaccination program during the school holidays, allowing more Victorian families to access free influenza vaccines from their GP at a time that best suits them.
- Registered general practices have the option to continue providing free influenza vaccines until 10 July 2022 (inclusive) which Mornington Medical Group will be providing.
For more information about the flue visit: https://www.betterhealth.vic.gov.au/health/healthyliving/flu-influenza-immunisation#where-to-get-the-influenza-flu-vaccine
Bookings can be made on line with Mornington Medical Group app, the Hotdoc app or the website.
The demand for the COVID vaccines has decreased. Clinics are mainly now running on a Wednesday only. The clinic is providing the Pfizer COVID vaccines only.
If you have any flu or COVID symptoms please notify our team when booking your appointment and are doctors can see you outside if required or we can provide a telehealth appointment for you to assess your condition and provide medical advice. Please note there is a fee for telehealth consultations.
- Dr Julie Van Andel – 7 and 13 July 2022 / 18 to 24 July 2022
- Dr Matt Evans – 27 July to 7 August 2022
- Dr Cathy Evans – 27 July to 7 August 2022
- Dr Tanya Lobo – 16 June to 14 July 2022
- Dr Nick Byrne – 20 August to 2 October 2022
Dr John Roth
Dr John Roth has decided to retire at the end of this year after many years’ service to his patients and the local community. Dr Roth thanks all his patients for their support. He is looking forward to spending time with his family and doing some travel in his retirement.
- Our staff and the doctors are starting to take more well-deserved leave over coming months after 2 and ½ busy years. You may see some new welcoming faces on reception during this time and some staff undergoing training. We know you will make them feel welcome.
- Clinic renovations continue and we hope to update the flooring from the front door through to reception this month pending on stock being available.
Wearing a mask
Confirmation that a mask is still required for anyone who enters our clinic all times. This is required for all healthcare facilities. Please be respectful to staff when this is requested. Our clinic has a zero tolerance for abusive behaviour towards our staff or the doctors.
Stay warm and Safe. Take Care.
Mornington Medical Team